The objective of the Legacy Award is to recognize Society members who have given exemplary service to the North Carolina Society of Fire Rescue Instructors.
Annually, a current or former member can be nominated for the North Carolina Society of Fire Rescue Instructors, Legacy Award. All candidates shall exemplify one or more of the following goals:
- Leadership in promoting and supporting fire / rescue services and life safety issues
- Advancing the readiness of the fire / emergency services whether volunteer, career or private industry
- Strengthening fire safety through the development of fire prevention programs
- Acts as a catalyst to improve the fire / rescue service
- Candidate shall be or have been a member in good standing of the North Carolina Society of Fire Rescue Instructors
- The actions or achievements for which the candidate is being considered must have a positive impact in advancing the readiness of the fire and rescue services at any level
The Selection Committee shall be comprised of the Board of Directors of the North Carolina Society of Fire Rescue Instructors. The award recipient will be the sole decision of the NCSFSI Board of Directors.
The recipient of the North Carolina Society of Fire Rescue Instructors Legacy Award will be honored at the Mid-Winter Conference each year.
- An abstract of no more than four pages maximum detailing how the candidate has worked to promote fire service issues must be included with the application form
- Candidate nominations must be received my November 1of each year by the President of the Board of Directors of the North Carolina Society of Fire Rescue Instructors
Click HERE for the application.