by John Mittendorf, Battalion Chief (Ret.), Los Angeles City (CA) Fire Department
In this engaging six-hour seminar, internationally recognized authority John Mittendorf covers the 10 precepts of truck company operations for all firefighters on the fireground. These commandments address the ten crucial areas of focus for a "truckie" on the fireground:
- 1. Don't forget your primary mission
- 2. It's the basics before arriving on-scene
- 3. Manage the IC system; don't let it manage you
- 4. Your aerial device can be a useful tool -- if you let it
- 5. Determine available fireground time
- 6. Evaluate and set priorities
- 7. Become a mental general contractor
- 8. When in doubt, ventilate
- 9. Continually evaluate your fireground time
- 10. Ensure the viability of an escape route
Throughout this six-hour video, Chief Mittendorf lays out how to properly, efficiently, and safely manage the tasks and duties of a truck company.
Based on his highly sought-after class, this video uses both classroom and hands-on practical sessions to illustrate and reinforce these vital truck company tasks.
2 Disk Set Run Time: 6 hrs. 7 min.