by John Mittendorf and David W. Dodson
The Art of Reading Buildings focuses on the practical art of reading a building and applying its positive and negative attributes in developing a size-up for fireground operations that center on structure fires. First-due company officers, incident commanders, and safety officers will appreciate the practical “street-wise” lessons captured in the book. Chief officers, training officers, engineers, firefighters, and fire science degree candidates will benefit from the wide range of building construction topics covered in this text.
- Understand the technical and practical aspects of building construction
- Learn on-the-spot building construction assessment using the authors’ custom Rapid Street-Read Guides
- Develop a quick construction size-up for immediate application to fireground operations
- Recognize firefighter traps in newer and alternative construction methods
- This text covers objectives for the National Fire Academy’s Fire and Emergency Services in Higher Education (FESHE) Building Construction for Fire Protection course
444 Pages/Hardcover/8.5x11/December 2014