In his new book, Battalion Chief Salka, a nationally recognized speaker and author with years of service in several career and volunteer departments, looks at both the similarities and differences in the engine company operations practiced by fire departments throughout the United States and discusses in detail the equipment, staffing, and operations of engine company firefighters at structural fires and emergencies in urban, suburban, and rural settings.
In this book, Salka teaches readers:
- The abilities and limitations of engine companies, depending on equipment, staffing, and water supply
- To execute the tactical missions of engine companies
- The importance of mastering engine company functions for successful fire attack
The Engine Company is an invaluable resource for firefighters who want a better understanding of the functions of the engine company, and training officers, and instructors.
- Engine company apparatus
- Tools, equipment, and appliances
- Firefighter assignments
- Water supply
- Hose and hose beds
- Fire attack strategies
- Standpipe operations
- Big guns and big water
- Foam operations
- Safety concerns
- The rapid intervention team engine
- Inspection and maintenance
THE ENGINE COMPANY
List price is $49.00. Our price is $41.00.
- 196 Pages
- Weight: 1.8 lbs
John Salka, Battalion Chief (Ret.), FDNY